Confetti Snacks & Dip Platter
These marvellous platters make a perfect treat for a Netflix marathon or Work from Home treat!
Have an extra stash of carrots and don’t know what to do with it? Make some Carrot Pesto to go with delicious chips for a tasty mid-afternoon snack packed full of veggie goodness!
This recipe needs only 10 minutes and yields 4 servings. Sharing today, a 6 ingredient Carrot Pesto. A simple combination of flavours that meld together to make a silky, rich and creamy pesto without creams or thickeners! All we need is vegan cheese (or parmesan if you are not vegan), pine nuts, sweet carrots, olive oil, and a good touch of garlic and lemon to spruce the flavours of the earth. Hearty, savoury, nutty, and garlicky doing magic together.
- 1 lbs carrots
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (toasted)
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ cup vegan cashew cheese (or parmesan) grated
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of chili flakes.
- First boil a batch of peeled carrots.
- Add vegan raw cashew cheese (or parmesan if you are non-vegan), garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, black pepper into the blender
- Pulse the mixture until it is creamy. That’s it! Pesto is ready!
A similar concept to the exotic smoky Middle Eastern eggplant dip– but made with zucchini instead! Grilled or roasted, the zucchini is pureed with fresh garlic cloves, lemon juice, tahini and herbs. You can also replace avocado with tahini to give a even more creamy texture. Simple and fast, it can be served warm or cold. Use it as a vegan creamy dip for colourful chips made from real vegetables and fruit. This makes a delicious, gluten free, low carb, vegan dip that goes perfectly with crunchy chips!
- 2 lbs zucchini grilled
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/8 cup of lemon juice
- ½ cup of tahini or 1 avocado mashed
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ cup of herbs like parsley and mint
- a dash of chili flakes and smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil and garnish.
- Slice zucchini into ½ inch strips, brush with olive oil and grill on medium. Heat until tender and slightly charred. Place in foil to let it steam until tender.
- Place grilled zucchini with garlic cloves, lemon juice, tahini (or an avocado), a sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper, and some fresh herbs like parsley or mint into a food processor, and puree until smooth.
- Add a touch of smoke paprika and chili flakes to give it a spicy punch if you prefer.
- Serve in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil, either warm or chilled.
RED CABBAGE AND GINGER DIP
- 1 Medium Red Cabbage
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- a sprinkle of sea salt & black pepper
- garnish with fresh dill
- Cut the red cabbage in chunks and place them in a food processor with lemon juice and salt. Shred them to small pieces.
- Add spices, olive oil bread crumbs, crashed garlic cloves and walnuts and turn for 2 minutes until everything mixes together.
- Add almond milk, lemon zest and mix. Adjust seasoning. Add more lemon juice if necessary.
- Cool in fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Add dill on top and drizzle some olive oil before serving.
Dips to go with Scrumptious Confetti Snacks