It all starts with the gut. It is after all, our second brain. You are what you eat.
It is so important to feed yourself with proper food, and it will translate to better productivity and energy levels. Eating a variety of colourful foods is good for your health. But for us busy urbanites, how do you make that happen during a hectic week?
Use these tips to create more colourful meals:
1. Eat a beautiful breakfast. Instead of boring bagels, eggs, or yogurt, start your day with vegan options like a green smoothie, oatmeal topped with red berries, or a scramble filled with zucchini, red peppers, carrots, mushrooms, and other colourful veggies. If you are in a rush, take a bag of Trishaw Treats with you to work or school for a boost of veggie power!
2. Enjoy exciting salads and snacks to power up your day. Large, colourful salads are the perfect way to incorporate lots of colorful veggies (and fruits!) into your diet. Snack on vegetables and fruit, choose good snack options like Trishaw Treats rather than junk food.
3. Liven up your lunch. Veggie sandwiches and wraps (including lettuce wraps) and soups, stews, and chili can help you get a balanced selection of colourful foods for lunch. Include a side of vegetable chips from Trishaw Treats to increase your nutrient and fibre intake.
4. Make vegetables the main dish. Try new recipes for dishes, such as Asian vegetable stir-fries, vegetable curries, and vegan poke bowls. Reduce our environmental impact and cholesterol levels by cutting down intake of meat, and putting more colourful veggies and fruit into our diets!
5. Experiment with rainbow food! Try creating meals and snacks that use every color — red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, white, and brown. (If you have kids, they will love this idea. The little ones instinctively know what’s good for them)